- harmlessuntruth reblogged this from fuckyeahdrugpolicy
- dream-atlantic reblogged this from fuckyeahdrugpolicy
- ccsewa likes this
- ourindustry reblogged this from sinidentidades
- jjarichardson reblogged this from myheadisweak
- powerofyourbrains reblogged this from mynameiscaution
- your-soul-is-a-chosen-landscape likes this
- mynameiscaution reblogged this from texaslibertygirl and added:
- themajestictwelve reblogged this from fuckyeahdrugpolicy
- meimagino reblogged this from nothingtoosensible
- stonecoldcarter likes this
- adriiicee likes this
- zaenema likes this
- hotmessdesu likes this
- camembertlylegal likes this
- yuzuha reblogged this from socialuprooting
- nothingtoosensible reblogged this from socialuprooting
- wakaisenpai likes this
- thecriticlaughs likes this
- goatcoat likes this
- penniesinmyloafers likes this
- texaslibertygirl reblogged this from maxlibertarios and added:
- scape-ghost likes this
- carefulmanscarelessdaughter likes this
- themonkeymakesperfectsense reblogged this from fuckyeahdrugpolicy
- aimabovetheclouds reblogged this from fuckyeahdrugpolicy
- thebayouprincess likes this
- insearchofeuphoria likes this
- medusastouch reblogged this from antigovernmentextremist
- medusastouch likes this
- theangryhippie likes this
- andrewjamesrogers likes this
- seasofconsciousness likes this
- madeinamurricahh reblogged this from antigovernmentextremist and added:
- crowleys-beard likes this
- davidr22 likes this
- onlygodardforgives reblogged this from antigovernmentextremist
- coolyourbears reblogged this from sinidentidades
- madbread likes this
- echoofcosmicserenity reblogged this from socialuprooting
- royceduong likes this
- enterauh likes this
- nomosshere reblogged this from antigovernmentextremist
- bitchbetterhavemyhunny reblogged this from antigovernmentextremist
- nomosshere likes this
- courageofapolarbear reblogged this from fuckyeahdrugpolicy
- kelcylauren reblogged this from fuckyeahdrugpolicy
- stay-liftedd reblogged this from fuckyeahdrugpolicy
- gracefree reblogged this from sinidentidades
The hopes that Obama would be a kinder, gentler, more tolerant drug warrior have gone up in smoke.
“I’m very disappointed,” Rep. Barney Frank (D-Mass.), a longtime supporter of marijuana legalization and medical marijuana, told POLITICO. “They look more like the Bush administration than the Clinton administration.”
The dejected medical marijuana supporters are hardly alone. For many in 2008, candidate Obama was like a political Rorschach test: They projected strong progressive positions about everything from legalizing gay marriage to ending all military involvement onto a candidate who never said he agreed with them — but also never explicitly said he didn’t.
Now they’re looking at four years into the Obama administration and wondering where they went wrong.
“I believed in him,” Montana-based activist and medical cannabis user Sarah Combs said about the president. “I don’t believe a word he says now.”
[…] Obama sees his history on medical marijuana enforcement differently. The president was again asked about the Justice Department medical marijuana policy at a high-dollar fundraiser at Washington’s St. Regis Hotel filled with liberal mega-donors who paid $35,800 a plate to attend. According to a source with knowledge of the event, which was closed to reporters, Obama reportedly said that the DOJ was raiding purely on a case-by-case basis.
Frank says he got a frustrating response when he buttonholed Obama to complain that this wasn’t true: Obama told the Massachusetts Democrat that, to the best of his knowledge, the 2009 hands-off policy remained in place.
Frank told POLITICO that he’s preparing to send the president press clippings to demonstrate that raids continue across the country.
[…] “Obama now lags Pat Robertson in a sensible approach to marijuana,” said Frank, referring to the conservative evangelical leader’s recent criticism of the drug war.