by the Prohibition law. For nothing is more destructive of respect for the
government and the law of the land than passing laws which cannot be
enforced." — Albert Einstein
LATEST FACEBOOK LINKS
- Police: Dad Gave Kids Synthetic Marijuana, Insulin, and Energy Drinks for their Health
- Medical Marijuana Update
- Arizona Medical Marijuana Suit Dismissed by Federal Judge
- SSDP Asks Santorum A Question
- How Americans really feel about drugs
- Newt Gingrich Tells New Hampshire: Jefferson and Washington Would Have Cracked Down On Pot
In a press conference Tuesday afternoon, Gov. Jan Brewer and Attorney General Tom Horne announced that they are filing a lawsuit in federal court to challenge the medical marijuana program established in Arizona by the passage of Proposition 203 last November.
Even though the law was passed by a majority of Arizona voters, the governor and attorney general will not defend the law and instead asked the courts to decide if it is illegal under federal law. +
Guerena, who joined the Marines in 2002 and served two tours in Iraq, was killed just after 9 a.m. May 5. Guerera had just gone to bed after working a 12-hour shift at a local mine when his home was invaded as part of a multi-house crackdown by sheriff’s deputies.
Like enemy of the state Osama bin Laden, Guerena died with his wife close by. Widow Vanessa Guerena, who hid with her four-year-old son when sheriff’s deputies raided the home, fills in detail that has been slow to come from Pima County Sheriff Clarence W. Dupnik’s office.